Parent Education Event
- Parent Education Event
- 2/11/2020, 6:30 PM
- Global High School
Join us for a Parent Education Event
Global High School
275 Indian Dr.
Waxahachie, TX 75165
February 11, 2020
This presentation is designed for adults and not recommended for children and teens.
We all want to keep our teens safe. In this presentation, you’ll learn to:
• Promote mental wellness and strong coping skills
• Recognize signs of stress and depression
• Promote adolescent brain health
• Know the warning signs of suicidal behavior
• Recognize and respond to a young person in crisis
• Connect with tools and resources to keep youth SAFE!
Vanita Halliburton is co-founder and executive chairman of the Grant Halliburton Foundation, a non-profit established in 2006 following the suicide death of her son, Grant Halliburton.
Vanita is a frequent speaker on youth mental health and suicide prevention in schools, at professional conferences, and throughout the community. She speaks from the heart about her son’s battle with depression and bipolar disorder, his suicide at the age of 19, and the need for a collaborative and comprehensive approach to suicide prevention in our community.